Overaa is a design/build contractor specializing in a variety
of market sectors including commercial, education, municipal,
healthcare, industrial, energy, and transportation. We are a
self-performing general contractor known for our concrete expertise.
We are looking for team members to be part of a unique family culture
that emphasizes collaboration and innovation throughout all phases of
As the leader of an individual Project Team, the Project
Manager is responsible for the planning and management of projects
including preconstruction activities, scheduling, estimating, cost
control, documentation control, jobsite production, and customer
relations. Project Manager may also be assigned responsibilities in
estimating, RFP and proposal development, preconstruction services as
well as other business development and company objectives.
Project Manager is responsible for delivering a successful
project from preconstruction through final completion within the
context of Overaa’s company culture and values.
Responsibilities and Authority
Reports to the Project Management Team Leader.
- Works as a team with Project Superintendent to plan and execute projects.
- The Project Superintendent reports to the Project Manager for
project business including project strategy, contractual issues,
scheduling and execution of the work. The Superintendent is
responsible for scheduling of work, direction of field activities,
safety, and supervision of field crews.
- Responsible for directing, supervising, coaching and mentoring of
direct reports including Project Managers, Project Engineers,
Project Accountants, Team Coordinators and other team members.
- May be responsible for managing more than one project at a time.
- Acts as the principal company representative on assigned projects.
Promotes positive stakeholder relationships at official functions,
at jobsites, and in consultant and subcontractor meetings, etc.
- As a key member of a new regional office, the project manager is
expected to develop and grow business relationships and provide
preconstruction estimating and management as required.
Project Manager Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Team Leader, develops a job-specific
buyout strategy. Executes buyout strategy through analysis of
subcontractor bids to ensure coverage and compliance with project requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for developing project budgets, cost
control and tracking of project costs, including developing accurate
and actionable monthly project profit projections.
- Proactively Manages Claims and Change Orders. Takes appropriate
actions to deal with project impacts, incorporates the results into
updating project budgets and timelines, and notifies the owner in
accordance with RFP requirements.
- Assumes responsibility for the master scheduling process including
upfront collaboration with all stakeholders (Superintendent,
Subcontractors, etc.) and integrating manloading schedules,
milestone schedules, and contract schedules.
- Leads communication with stakeholders on issues and makes
recommendations for resolution or process improvement opportunities.
- Subcontractor Management including implementing subcontract
agreements with knowledge of scope and agreed to terms.
- Manages contacts with subcontractors, vendors, and design partners
in an effort to establish and build strategic relationships that may
produce possible partnerships or business opportunities for the
future of the company.
- Manages document control systems by ensuring required
documentation is gathered, processed, and submitted throughout the
preconstruction, construction, and close-out phases (e.g., change
orders, RFIs, ASIs, submittals, drawing logs, warranties and
certificates, LEED documentation, as-builts, etc.)
- Conducts daily (or as required) on-site observations of work
during construction to monitor compliance with safety, quality
control, sustainability measures as well as overall project status.
- Working collaboratively with the Project Accountant, oversees the
cash flow of assigned project, including owner pay applications and
payment status, subcontractor/consultant invoicing and payments.
- Coordinates with stakeholders in development of a strategic plan
for BIM/VDC requirements, as applicable.
- Material Purchasing.
- Attend and participate in General Project Manager Meetings
monthly, or as scheduled.
- Participate in bi-weekly Project Report Meetings, prepared to
discuss key project indicators, challenges, opportunities and
forward-looking project strategies.
- Leads in developing and supporting the implementation jobsite
security, quality control, and safety programs for each project with
the support of the Superintendent and the Safety and QC departments.
- Using lean strategies, evaluates construction means and methods
for cost effectiveness.
- Under the guidance of the Project Management Team Leader,
participate in the creation and maintenance of a positive team
spirit among the members of the Project Management Team.
- Performs project duties with an appropriate sense of urgency and a
- Provide guidance to the projects of other teams as needed and as assigned.
Project Acquisition Responsibilities
- The Project Manager is expected to perform the following
additional duties when assigned:
- Preconstruction Management
- Business development and strategic partnering with key client accounts
- Attends Corporate events, tradeshows and conferences