Overaa is a general contractor specializing in a variety of market
sectors including commercial buildings, education, water, industrial,
energy, parking structures, lab, healthcare, and transportation.We are
looking for a team member to be part of a unique company culture that
emphasizes collaboration and innovation throughout all phases of
project delivery. Overaa is an established, well-respected Bay Area
company with a growing and dynamic regional office based in the South
Bay. Overaa was ranked a Bay Area Best Places to Work seven years in a row.
As key member of the Project Team, the Project Engineer is
responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent with
the planning and management of projects including preconstruction
activities, scheduling, estimating, cost control, documentation
control, jobsite production, and customer relations. Project Engineers
are responsible for helping deliver successful projects from
preconstruction through final completion within the context of
Overaa’s company culture and values.
- Reports to assigned Project Manager(s). Project Engineers may
report to more than one Project Manager when working on more than
- Project Engineers support and are directed by the Project
Superintendent when performing field tasks.
- Project Engineers may be assigned to the project field office or
main Richmond office, depending on specific assignments.
- Promotes positive stakeholder relationships at official functions,
at jobsites, and in consultant and subcontractor meetings, etc.
Follows standard Overaa procedure and policies to accomplish the following:
Coordinates and expedites flow of information and document control
systems by ensuring required documentation is gathered, processed, and
submitted throughout the preconstruction, construction, and close-out
- Drawing control and distribution, including drawing logs
- RFI’s , clarifications
- Maintenance and submission of "as-built" drawings
- LEED documentation, if required
- Warranties and certificates
- Posting of changes, clarifications and RFI’s in drawings and specifications
Assists in management of Claims and Change Orders
- Tracking and distribution of change and clarification documents to
the field, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assists in change order estimating under the direction/review of
the Project Manager.
Assists with Project Start up, Planning and Scheduling
- Assists in development, monitoring and updating the Project Schedule.
- Assists in scheduling construction operations in cooperation with
the Project Manager and the Superintendent.
- Assists in subcontractor management by helping the Superintendent
coordinate subcontractor activities.
- Assist Superintendent in preparation of the weekly look ahead
schedule to monitor progress and assure all work is scheduled for
- Schedules, processes and monitors submittals.
- Material Purchasing. Prices and purchases materials as directed by
the Manager and /or Superintendent.
- Procurement of project bonds and insurance.
- Procurement of permits & utilities.
- Set up of Project Management Information System.
- Coordinates with stakeholders in development of a strategic plan
for BIM/VDC requirements, and coordinates deliverables, as applicable.
- Supports the implementation of jobsite security, quality control,
and safety programs for each project in support of the
Superintendent and the Safety and QC departments.
- Using lean strategies, helps evaluate construction means and
methods for cost effectiveness.
- Under the guidance of the Project Manager, participates in the
creation and maintenance of a positive team spirit among the members
of the Project Management Team.
- Performs project duties with an appropriate sense of urgency and a
- Schedules, attends and takes minutes for Project Meetings
- Participates in project meetings and assists with action items assigned
- Attends monthly general project management meetings in the main office
Manages and/or assists with Project Closeout
- Distribution and tracking of "Punch lists"
- Expediting and assembly of project closeout documentation
(warranties, operating & maintenance manuals, material for
maintenance stock, etc.)
- Expediting lien releases from subcontractors and suppliers in
cooperation with the Accounting Department
Project administration responsibilities
From time to time Project Engineers may be assigned any or all of the
following responsibilities on specific projects to which they are assigned.
- Typing, mailing, faxing, copying of project correspondence and documents
- Submittal copying, assembly, mailing and filing
- General project filing
- Although Project Engineers may, on occasion, be assigned specific
responsibilities related to bidding work, estimating is not one of
the primary tasks of the Project Engineer.